Quietly Louder

This sample is from the mid-80's (1986 release in the UK iirc) and has not, to my knowledge, yet been subject to 21st century "remaster" i.e. TOO FOOKIN' LOUD. My work here makes it louder, for sure,  and will show a lower DR meter value, but not to an "Iggy's remix of Raw Power" extent.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vecnjo7b2blft8q/10._Neighborhood_Girls_nsfl__3_67.flac

You will need to compare it with your original copy to make a comparison - the original will seem quiet. This version is not trying to win the loudness wars. I've "loudened" it as much as I dare - an official release would probably be brickwalled to hell.

And if you've never heard this record before I can recommend it, particularly if you are in your late twenties/early thirties and have only listened to a narrow range of musical styles/genres so far in life. That's kinda when I discovered it. Suzanne Vega is still an active recording and touring artist so this may be a door opening for some of you.

Comments