NSFL remaster

Here's an example of the first type of file I intend to post on this blog.


http://www.mediafire.com/file/5v75e765lqcho5c/%2808%29_%5BPJ_Harvey%5D_50ft_Queenie_2_75.flac

From 1992 and not reissued/remastered since. So it's a lot less loud than, say, a 2012 release. It's too quiet, if anything. But if it was to be remastered to current industry standards it would doubtless be TOO FOOKIN' LOUD. So this louder, but not like a brick to the face. This is what I'm calling NSFL.

Disclaimer: for demonstration purposes only - you must own the original release. Compared with the original it's louder but without spikes of very loud compared with mostly quiet.

The original CD release was probably from and analogue master, I reckon. I have the original vinyl. So its really easy to work with because it has lots of headroom (technical term - I've said too much).

Comments