Introduction

Hello World!
(old computer programmers may chuckle now)
This is my first blog so be nice or I will cry.
Its purpose its to get into the hotly debated subject of "digitally mastered" music,  or why - for about 20 years now - is the CD/FLAC/MP3 that you possess SO FOOKIN' LOUD? I will be posting music here that I have "mastered" myself using freeware (and not-so-freeware is some cases) tools to make a point. My taste is generally for "indie" type music to give you an idea of what I may post.

There are two objectives:-
  • The first is to "digitally remaster" albums that have not had that dubious pleasure bestowed upon them by the marketplace
  • The second is to "demaster" albums that are simply TOO FOOKIN' LOUD!
The first point is easy to do. The second is not - impossible with some more recent albums - they have been smashed into the roof.
I use very, very good audio equipment to assess the results of my handywork.

I am keen to get feedback on what I post here - just don't tell me how it sounds on your phone with your cheap earbuds.
I need to figure out this blogger stuff now so leave comments or even suggest horribly remastered albums for me to take a crack at.

Fanny G.

Comments